The MA is made up of a set of modules, each designed to ensure
an individual’s ability to understand and apply the principles and practice of
a wide range of key education areas. Although each module is
self-contained, a clear progression route can be followed enabling candidates
to build upon the knowledge gained at each stage.
Flexibility in the optional modules allows an individual to
follow their special interests. The course is appropriate for teachers working
in special schools, in resource rooms within schools and in inclusive settings.
It will also be of benefit to administrators whether in schools, NGOs or
* University Degree at 2:2 or above, approved by the
Institute of Education
* Proof of proficiency in English
o Minimum score of 7.0 in IELTS; or
o Minimum score of 650 in TOEFL (280 in the computerised
* Application Form
* Two letters of recommendation.
* Copy of Personal ID or Passport
* 2 Passport-size Photos
DURATION OF THE COURSE
* The Masters Degree requires two to three years
of part time studies, during which 180 credits should be obtained,
chosen from modules listed above but must include all core modules (C1, C2, C3
* The Post Graduate Diploma requires two years of
part time study, for which four modules (120 credits) are required,
including the core module, C1, and three optional modules.
* A Post Graduate Certificate can be completed in one year of part
time study requiring two modules (60 credits). The modules can be chosen
from the optional modules listed above.